The 5th Edition of the Environmental Film Festival in Albania (EFFA) will be organised from 21 to 27 May 2017.
We are looking for your environmental movies to promote environment awareness and demonstrate that “The times they are a-changing”!
Three categories of movies are concerned by this call:
short movies (<20min)
long movies (>20min)
EFFA lab movies:
EFFA lab aims to help film-makers to produce movies from the Balkan on environmental subjects. EFFA will support Balkan movies, offering to the film-makers/producers the possibility to personally present their work in Albania during EFFA 17, and offering them media attention. EFFA will also stream the information through international networks of festivals to spread these movies worldwide even after EFFA 17.
Films that meet the following conditions will be considered by the jury for selection:
(1) The call for short, long and EFFA-lab movies is open to everyone (no limits are placed on nationality of film-makers). The movies should be focused on environment (in its general meaning). All sub-sectors of environment are concerned (waste, air, living conditions, water, pollution, green areas, fauna, etc.), and multi-disciplinary approaches will be accepted.
(2) As a general rule, Entries that have been part to previous EFFA Editions program will not be accepted.
(3) To be part of the EFFA lab selection, the movies must have been shot in Balkans (Albania, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Macedonia, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania). There are no limits concerning the duration of these movies.
(4) Movies that have been part of any other festival before EFFA 17 will not be accepted as part of the EFFA lab category. But they can be accepted in short or long movies competition.
(5) When using copyrighted works such as music and moving image in a film, entrants must complete required licensing procedures before submitting the film. If an award winner is later found not to have obtained the copyright owner’s permission, its award may be cancelled. The host assumes no responsibility for any issues related to that matter.
(1) Entry Fee: Free
(2) Entry Films: Entrants should submit a web-link or send the movies via e-mails, to EFFA17 Team. Two pictures concerning the movie (poster and/or scenes of the movie), and a short synopsis in English should be included in the proposal. The category targeted must be underlined in the e-mail.
(3) Address to send your film: firstname.lastname@example.org
An e-mail of confirmation will be sent after reception of the proposal.
(4) Entry Deadline: Entry movies must be received by the organisation before the 15th March 2017, 11h59pm (local time).
Method of Selection
An independent EFFA Jury will pre-select a maximum of 10 movies for each category. The pre-selection will be done before the 15th of March 2017. The movies pre-selected will be projected during the 5th edition of the EFFA.
During the EFFA 17, an international jury will be established by the organisation of the festival. This jury will be responsible for awarding short and long movies presented during the film festival, with the following Awards:
Best short movie
2nd best short movie
Best long movie
2nd Best long movie
Best EFFA lab movie
2nd best EFFA lab movie
Upon conclusion of this festival and after information to entrants, the EFFA Team may screen all submitted films as part of the “Environmental Awareness” program at various locations within Albania.